Town Hall Hotel
6pm – 10pm
Sometimes as an actor you can feel like you are on the side lines of the industry; perhaps you are not getting the opportunities or the meetings you want or you just don’t know how to use your time/money effectively.
This event is about helping your get back in the drivers’ seat as an actor. Not only will you leave with a plan of action, but you will also have the opportunity to ask questions that you have always wanted to ask.
6pm-7:30pm: Nicky Raby
Nicky has been an actor for over 25 years, she was an agent for 5 and has written for The Stage, Surviving Actors and is the author of ‘Be ready for your Lucky Break’ She is a qualified life coach and has helped over 700 creatives/freelancers/small businesses/ personal brands to do more of what they love in business and life.
Here’s what Nicky will cover:
– Where are you now… where do you want to be? Creating practical strategies to get you from A-B
– How you can accelerate your acting career without waiting for your agent/casting director… habits/lifestyle/mindset/behaviour/building connections
– How you may be getting in your own way..limiting beliefs, self doubt, not being consistent.
– Getting creative on and offline..there are many routes to success. i.e Nicky’s speaking agent found her on Instagram.
– Practical daily actions you can take to be ready for the next opportunity.
7:30-9pm. Q & A with agents hosted by Nicky Raby. We welcome:
Deborah Willey – Independent Talent
Deborah read Drama and Theatre at Royal Holloway, University of London.
After a failed attempt at a PhD, she moved into film and television production before discovering the job of her dreams – being an Agent.
She began as an assistant at Ken McReddie Associates (now The Artists Partnership) and moved to Independent Talent (formerly ICM) in 2004 where she now has her own list.
Joe Powell – Curtis Brown
Joe joined Curtis Brown in 2014 having trained and worked as an actor for two years and then in production at MTV and the BBC. He has worked alongside Grant Parsons at a senior level for 4 years and will continue to do so in his new capacity as an agent whilst also building his own client list of Theatre, Film and Television actors.
9pm – 10pm – Networking with speakers & other attendees!